Friday, February 16, 2007

6 Things Rick Warren Loves About Celebrate Recovery




1.) It's based on actual words of Jesus Christ.


2.) It is forward looking, not backward looking. (future-focused, what am I going to do now?)


-- I'm not going to let my sins define me

-- I'm a believer who struggles


3.) It puts strong emphasis on personal responsibility.

-- accuses others, excuses self

-- blame - be lame!

-- why did you do what you did?


4.) It calls for a spiritual and specific commitment to Christ.


5.) It empasizes growth and healing in the context of small groups.

-- church in action

-- no perfect people please!


6.) It is a leadership factory.

-- end goal is not I'm healed but you pass it on

How you know you're recovering? You stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about helping others.

No comments: